You will be taking your AP Exam(s) in several months. You should bring the following items to the exam room:
- • Several sharpened No. 2 pencils (with erasers) for completing multiple-choice answer sheets.
- • Pens with black or dark blue ink for completing areas on the exam booklet covers and for free-response questions in most exams.
- • Your six-digit school code (221930). Home-schooled students will be provided with their state or country’s home-school code at the time of the exam.
- • A watch (in case your exam room does not have a clock that you can see easily).
- • Up to two calculators with the necessary capabilities if you are taking an AP Biology, Calculus, Chemistry, Physics, or Statistics Exam. (Visit www.collegeboard.com/ap/calculators to learn more about the calculator policy for each of these exams, and for a list of authorized calculators.)
- • A ruler or straightedge only if you are taking an AP Physics Exam. (Protractors are not allowed.)
- • A government-issued or school-issued photo ID.
You should not bring the following to the exam room:
- • Electronic equipment: (cell phone, smart phone, tablet computer, etc.), portable listening or recording devices (MP3 player, iPod, etc.), cameras or other photographic equipment, devices that can access the Internet, and any other electronic or communication devices.
- • Unapproved aids: Books, compasses, mechanical pencils, correction fluid, dictionaries, highlighters*, notes, or colored pencils.*
- • Rulers (except for Physics exam), straightedges, and protractors.
- • Scratch paper; notes can be made on portions of the exam booklets.
- • Computers* or calculators (except where allowed by College Board).
- • Reference guides, keyboard maps, or other typing instructions.
- • Watches that beep or have an alarm, or smartwatches.
- • Clothing with subject-related information.
- • Food or drink.*
* Unless this has been preapproved as an accommodation by the College Board Services for Students with Disabilities office prior to the test date.
You are required to arrive at the testing site no later than 30 minutes prior to your exam: <7:30 a.m.> for the morning administration and <11:30 a.m.> for the afternoon administration. Students may not be dismissed until an exam has officially ended; do not ask to leave early if you finish before the end of the exam. If you play a sport or have a job, it is your responsibility to inform your coach or employer of your AP Exam obligation, and arrangements should be made accordingly.
Get a good night’s rest before your exam, and eat a nutritious breakfast. You are allowed to bring a snack and beverage to the testing site for your 10-minute break. However, food and drink are prohibited in the exam room. It is advisable to bring a sweater, in case the room temperature is below your comfort level.
You are required to abide by the policies of both the College Board and Shrewsbury High School during the exam period. Any misconduct will be reported and could jeopardize your AP Exam score. An attendance roster will be published for the school prior to and after an exam.
Be sure to review the 2018-19 Bulletin for AP Students and Parents that you will receive in December. If you have any additional concerns, please feel free to contact me. Good luck!
Ms. Eriole, AP Coordinator