AP exams will be administered from May 6, 2019, through May 17, 2019. You can review the 2019 exam schedule set by College Board on their website. Please read ALL information carefully as students will be responsible for following the guidelines and instructions.
Prior to the exams, students will receive copies of the 2018-2019 AP Students and Parents Bulletin. Before taking their first exam, each student will sign an AP form indicating he/she has reviewed this bulletin and agrees to abide by the contents, including testing protocol.
Students eligible for fee assistance must submit their signed waiver form to Mrs. Meredith Mirkow by Friday, February 15, 2019.
***Refund Policy*** AP College Board enforces strict guidelines on schools with respect to exams ordered. There are inherent expenses that limit a student's amount of compensation. Any request for a refund must be made through Total Registration followed by written notice to Mrs. Meredith Mirkow by Friday, March 1, 2019. No refunds will be made once AP exams are ordered.
On exam day, students must report promptly directly outside the designated testing location at 7:30 am for morning exams and 11:30 am for afternoon exams. No cell phones, electronic devices, backpacks or purses are allowed in testing rooms. These items will need to be secured outside the testing areas.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation. We look forward to a successful 2019 Advanced Placement Testing Program. Please contact Mrs. Meredith Mirkow, AP/IB Coordinator, with any questions: Meredith_L_Mirkow@mcpsmd.org; 240-740-0347; F106A.
Please be aware of the AP exam policies and rules set forth by Bethesda-Chevy Chase High School and the College Board:
- No students will be allowed admittance to exam rooms once exam has started.
- During scheduled or unscheduled breaks during exams, students are not allowed to consult textbooks, notes, or ask questions to teachers or other students. Do not use electronic or communication devices during breaks.
- Do not leave the building during the exam.
WHAT TO BRING TO THE EXAM ROOM:
- No. 2 pencils (no mechanical )for multiple-choice answer sheet
- Pens with black or dark blue ink for completing areas on the exam booklet covers and for free-response questions in most exams
- Government-issued or school-issued photo I.D.
- Calculators - If you are allowed to use a calculator on your AP Exam, review the College Board’s calculator policies to make sure you bring an acceptable calculator for your particular exam.
WHAT NOT TO BRING TO THE EXAM ROOM:
- Electronic equipment or communication devices, like cell phones, smartphones, tablets or anything else that can access the internet
- Cameras or other photographic equipment
- Watches that beep or have an alarm (or smart watches)
- No food or drink in the exam room, including bottled water
You can view the College Board’s complete policy at https://apstudent.collegeboard.org/takingtheexam/exam-policies/exam-day-policies.