George Washington High School's AP Policy
Please be aware of the AP exam policies and rules set forth by this school and the College Board:
- No students will be allowed admittance to an exam room once an exam has started.
- Students are not allowed to consult textbooks, notes, or ask questions to teachers or other students during scheduled or unscheduled exam breaks. The use of electronic or communication devices during breaks is strictly prohibited, and will result in a student's exam score being canceled.
- Students may not leave the school building during an exam.
WHAT TO BRING TO THE EXAM ROOM:
- No. 2 pencils (no mechanical) for multiple-choice answer sheets.
- Pens with black or dark blue ink for completing areas on the exam booklet covers and for free-response questions in most exams.
- Government-issued or school-issued photo I.D.
- Calculators: if you are allowed to use a calculator on your AP exam, review the College Board’s calculator policies to make sure you bring an acceptable calculator for your particular exam.
WHAT NOT TO BRING TO THE EXAM ROOM:
- Electronic equipment or communication devices, including cell phones, smartphones, tablets or anything else that can access the internet.
- Cameras or other photographic equipment.
- Watches that beep or have an alarm (or smart watches).
- No food or drink allowed in the exam room, including bottled water.
You can view the College Board’s complete AP exam day policy at https://apstudent.collegeboard.org/takingtheexam/exam-policies/exam-day-policies.