In light of the availability of online AP courses, the KMHS policy regarding students' choosing to take online courses is as follows:
- Students who elect to take AP online classes offered at KMHS will use the online teacher as their resource.
- In addition to AP courses taught at KMHS, the list of online courses for which students may complete AP exams is as follows:
- AP Macroeconomics
- AP Physics C: Electricity and Magnetism
- AP European History
- AP Comparative Government
- AP Chinese Language
- The follwoign exams are not available through KMHS:
- AP Art History
- AP Latin
- AP French Language
- AP German Language
- AP Italian Language
- AP Spanish Literature
You are responsible for completing the pre-administration bubbling, thus you must attend the session you registered for UNLESS your AP teacher completed the process in class. You are also responsible for transportaion to your exam at the appointed time; please review the schedule carefully and be sure to arrive early to the exam location- North Star Church (almost all exams) or KMHS (a few exams). Go to the Edmodo for full details related to test dates, times, and locations. If you have a morning exam, you are to report directly to the testing site and return to campus directly after the exam (café will be open). If you have an afternoon exam, you may leave your second block class at 10:45 so that you have time to eat lunch before your exam. Please note that the KMHS café will not be open at this hour, so you need to either bring a sack lunch or stop at a nearby “fast” eatery. If you have “back-to-back” exams, be sure to bring a sack lunch. Absences at AP exams will be reported directly to PPO, there there is no need to check out or in.
After the exam has begun, students will not be admitted; therefore, it is essential to arrive at either 7:30 AM or 11:30 AM (depending upon exam time). Students may not leave exams until the end of the allotted testing time, so do not make plans for work or anything else. YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO DISMISS EARLY.
You should bring the following items to the exam:
· Several sharpened No. 2 pencils (with erasers) for all multiple-choice answer sheets
· Pens with black or dark blue ink for completing areas on the exam booklet covers and for free-response questions in most exams
· A watch (in case your exam room does not have a clock that you can see easily)
· A calculator with the necessary capabilities if you’re taking an AP Biology, Calculus, Chemistry, Physics, or Statistics Exam
· A ruler or straightedge if you’re taking an AP Physics Exam
· Your social security number for identification purposes (optional)- If you provide it, the number will appear on your AP Grade Reports
· Quiet food and a drink (must be kept on the floor)
· Layered clothing in case it’s too cold or hot in the room
You should not bring the following to the exam:
· Cellular phones, pagers, MP3 players or personal digital assistants (PDAs) – LEAVE THEM IN YOUR CAR!
· Books, compasses, correction fluid, dictionaries, highlighters, or notes
· Rulers and straightedges (except as noted above)
· Scratch paper (notes can be made on portions of the exam booklets)
· Computers (except as noted for students with disabilities), or calculators (except as noted above)
· Watches that beep or have an alarm
· Portable listening or recording devices (even with headphones) or photographic equipment
· Clothing with subject-related information
Finally, go to this link to familiarize yourself with the exam security information (all apply EXCEPT food and drink - see above): http://www.collegeboard.com/student/testing/ap/exsecurity.html. In teh past there was as incident last when a student used social media in an inappropriate manner, which could have jeopardized the exam results for all students taking the test; please pay close attention to the rules. The Educational Testing Service is serious, and closely scrutinize any potential violations of their policies.
AP Exam scores will be available online only. Before July, sign up for a College Board account at www.apscore.org . In order to access your scores, you will need your account username and password and your AP number, so make sure you keep either the card or your student pack.