Springfield Township High School
AP Exam Policies and Procedures
8:00am Exam- Report by 7:30am (Instructions begin at 7:30am)
12:00pm Exam- Report by 11:30am (Instructions begin at 11:30am) Please be aware that afternoon exams may extend beyond the school day. Students must arrange for their own transportation home.
AP Exams are part of the school day. You are expected to be in class following or before your AM/PM exam.
If you are absent on the day of your exam, you must speak with Mr. Shearer to determine if you are eligible to take the exam during the Late Testing week. The College Board has set specific criteria to determine eligibility for Late Testing. There may be an additional fee (per exam) to test during the Late Testing week.
If you are registered to take two exams at the same time or have a scheduling conflict, please see Mr. Shearer to discuss the matter. Having two tests in the same day (AM and PM sessions) is not considered a scheduling conflict. Therefore, rescheduling an exam to be taken during the Late Testing week will not be arranged for students in this situation.
If you wish to cancel an exam there will be a cancelation fee.
AP Exam Scores:
Scores for exams taken on the regularly scheduled day will be available to students in mid-July through your College Board account. Students will need the AP number to access scores.
Please be aware of the AP exam policies and rules set forth by this school and the College Board:
- No students will be allowed admittance to exam rooms once exam has started.
- During scheduled or unscheduled breaks during exams, students are not allowed to consult textbooks, notes, or ask questions to teachers or other students. Do not use electronic or communication devices during breaks.
- Do not leave the building during the exam.
WHAT TO BRING TO THE EXAM ROOM:
- No. 2 pencils (no mechanical )for multiple-choice answer sheet
- Pens with black or dark blue ink for completing areas on the exam booklet covers and for free-response questions in most exams
- Calculators - If you are allowed to use a calculator on your AP Exam, review the College Board’s calculator policies to make sure you bring an acceptable calculator for your particular exam.
- You may also want to bring: tissues, a drink or snack that can be consumed ONLY during the break period(s). There will be an assigned location for drinks and snacks.
WHAT NOT TO BRING TO THE EXAM ROOM:
- Electronic equipment or communication devices, such as cell phones, smartphones, tablets or anything else that can access the internet
- Cameras or other photographic equipment
- Watches that beep or have an alarm (or smart watches)
You can view the College Board’s complete policy at https://apstudent.collegeboard.org/takingtheexam/exam-policies/exam-day-policies