Please be aware of the AP exam policies and rules set forth by this school and the College Board:
- No students will be allowed admittance to exam rooms once exam has started.
- During scheduled or unscheduled breaks during exams, students are not allowed to consult textbooks, notes, or ask questions to teachers or other students. Do not use electronic or communication devices during breaks.
- Do not leave the building during the exam.
- All students are dismissed from exams at the same time, students will not be allowed to leave early for appointments so please do not schedule anything else on test days.
WHAT TO BRING TO THE EXAM ROOM:
- Two sharpened No. 2 pencils with erasers, for all responses on your multiple-choice answer sheet. (Students outside the U.S.: bring HB or No. 2 pencils.)
- Two pens with black or dark blue ink for completing areas on the exam booklet covers and for free-response questions in most exams.
- A watch that does not have internet access, does not beep, and does not have an alarm.
- Up to two approved calculators with the necessary capabilities if you’re taking the AP Biology, Calculus, Chemistry, Environmental Science, Physics, or Statistics Exams. Visit apstudents.org/courses to find the calculator policy for your subject. For a list of approved graphing calculators, visit apstudents.org/calculators.
- A ruler or straightedge only if you’re taking an AP Physics Exam. Protractors are not allowed.
- If you don’t attend the school where you’re taking the exam, you must bring a current government-issued or school-issued photo ID.
- If you’ve been approved for testing accommodations, bring your SSD Student Accommodations Letter to verify your approval.
WHAT NOT TO BRING TO THE EXAM ROOM:
- Electronic equipment (phones, smartwatches, or wearable technology of any kind, laptops, tablet computers, Bluetooth devices, portable listening or recording devices—MP3 player, iPod, etc.—cameras or other photographic equipment, devices that can access the internet, separate timers of any type, and any other electronic or communication devices) are prohibited in the exam room and break areas. School-owned and -controlled digital recording devices are allowed only for the AP French, German, Italian, and Spanish Language and Culture Exams, and the AP Music Theory Exam.
- Books, compasses, protractors, mechanical pencils, pencils that aren’t No. 2, correction fluid, dictionaries, highlighters, notes, or colored pencils.
- Scratch paper; notes can be made on portions of the exam booklets or, for Chinese Language and Culture and Japanese Language and Culture only, on scratch paper provided by the proctor.
- Watches that beep or have an alarm.
- Computers or calculators as previously noted.
- Reference guides, keyboard maps, or other typing instructions.
- Ear plugs.
- Clothing or shoes with subject-related information.
- Food or drink.
You can view the College Board’s complete policy at https://apstudent.collegeboard.org/takingtheexam/exam-policies/exam-day-policies.