Saugus High School's AP Policy
Please be aware of the AP exam policies and procedures, as well as test dates and times, are set by College Board.
Please access your TR account for a calendar of your student's test day(s) and time(s).
- Students MUST bring their school issued student identification card to the exam to prove their identity. The barcode on the identification card will be scanned and will log admission time for each AP test the student is scheduled to take in May.
- Exams will start promptly at 8:00AM or 12:00PM per Collegeboard testing calendar. Students should arrive at the testing location no later than 15 minutes prior to the test start time.
- No students will be allowed admittance to exam rooms once the doors are closed and the exam has started.
- During scheduled or unscheduled breaks during exams, students are not allowed to access the internet, consult textbooks, and notes, or ask questions to teachers or other students.
- Students are FORBIDDEN from using any electronic or communication devices during the test including breaks unless directed to do so by Collegeboard.
- Students MUST BRING their own PENCILS, PENS, ERASERS, AND CALCULATORS to each test. Saugus high school will not be responsible to supply these items.
- Students taking a 12:00 PM test are NOT EXCUSED from any morning classes. Should you decide to have your child stay home from morning classes, parents must call ATTENDANCE (ext.2401 or 2402) to clear any absence.
WHAT TO BRING TO THE EXAM ROOM:
- Several No. 2 pencils (no mechanical )for the multiple-choice answer sheet
- Several pens with black or dark blue ink for completing areas on the exam booklet covers and for free-response questions.
- Current SAUGUS High school identification card as all students are scanned into the testing room. You may purchase a new ID card in the ASB office.
- Calculators - If you are allowed to use a calculator on your AP Exam, review the College Board’s calculator policies to make sure you bring an acceptable calculator for your particular exam.
- Eraser(s) and extra batteries will be allowed
- snacks are allowed but cannot be eaten during the test.
WHAT NOT TO BRING TO THE EXAM ROOM:
- Backpacks or book bags
- Electronic equipment or communication devices, like cell phones, smartphones, tablets or anything else that can access the internet
- Cameras or other photographic equipment
- Watches that beep or have an alarm (or smart watches)
- No food or drink is allowed in the exam room
You can view the College Board’s complete policy at https://apstudent.collegeboard.org/takingtheexam/exam-policies/exam-day-policies.