Lafayette High School's AP Policy
Please be aware of the AP exam policies and rules set forth by this school and the College Board:
- No students will be allowed admittance to exam rooms once exam has started.
- During scheduled or unscheduled breaks during exams, students are not allowed to consult textbooks, notes, or ask questions to teachers or other students. Do not use electronic or communication devices during breaks.
- Do not leave the building during the exam.
WHAT TO BRING TO THE EXAM ROOM:
- Two sharpened No. 2 pencils (non-mechanical) with erasers, for all responses on your multiple-choice answer sheet.
- Two pens with black or dark blue ink for completing areas on the exam booklet covers and for free-response questions in most exams.
- Up to two approved calculators with the necessary capabilities if you’re taking the AP Biology, Calculus, Chemistry, Environmental Science, Physics, or Statistics Exams. Visit apstudents.org/courses to find the calculator policy for your subject. For a list of approved graphing calculators, visit apstudents.org/calculators.
- A ruler or straightedge only if you’re taking an AP Physics Exam. Protractors are not allowed.
- You must bring a current government-issued or school-issued photo ID.
WHAT NOT TO BRING TO THE EXAM ROOM:
- Electronic equipment (phones, smartwatches, or wearable technology of any kind, laptops, tablet computers, Bluetooth devices, portable listening or recording devices—MP3 player, iPod, etc.—cameras or other photographic equipment, devices that can access the internet, separate timers of any type, and any other electronic or communication devices) are prohibited in the exam room and break areas.
- Books, compasses, protractors, mechanical pencils, pencils that aren’t No. 2, correction fluid, dictionaries, highlighters, notes, or colored pencils.
- Scratch paper.
- Digital watches of any kind
- Computers or calculators as previously noted.
- Reference guides, keyboard maps, or other typing instructions.
- Ear plugs.
- Clothing or shoes with subject-related information.
- Food or drink.
You can view the College Board’s complete policy at https://apstudent.collegeboard.org/takingtheexam/exam-policies/exam-day-policies.