ALVIN INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT
Parents/Guardians and students,
As Alvin ISD grows each year, so does our Advanced Placement Program. Thousands of AP tests are administered every year, and to make the process run smoothly, our district uses Total Registration. This company helps keep AP test registration streamlined, as registration and payment are both done at this site. In an effort to be transparent with our AP testing procedures, there are several dates and information we would like to share with you.
- August 16, 2018 - registration for AP tests begins on the Total Registration website. All registration for AP exams MUST be done through Total Registration (NOT through College Board).
- November 15, 2018 - Late registration begins for all full year and fall semester courses. $40 late fee per exam will be assessed.
- March 1, 2019 - Last day to pay for AP exams.
- Parents/guardians/students make payments for AP exams through Total Registration using a credit or debit card.
- Partial payments may be made. Minimum payment is $30 and will incur a $2.75 non-refundable processing fee for each partial payment.
- Payment by check or money order is not recommended, and Alvin ISD is not responsible for lost or late payments.
- Check or money order payments are sent to Total Registration by the registrant, not by the campus, and must be received by March 3, 2018.
- Students that cancel exams after March 1, 2019 or do NOT use the tests they order will be charged a $40.00 unused test fee imposed by College Board.
- Shadow Creek High School Campus Information:
- Arrival time for testing is 7:20 am for morning exams. Arriving late will prevent a student from testing, and the student will be charged the $40.00 unused test fee.
- Transportation: Afternoon AP exams often run past the regular dismissal time causing students to miss the bus. Please make alternate transportation arrangements if you are taking an afternoon exam.
- Lunch procedures for AP testers are as follows:
- Morning Exams - students will attend either B or C lunch depending on their 5th period class.
- Afternoon Exams - students will eat A lunch.
- Please sign up for AP exam Remind at http://rmd.me/b?rid=89402 or by texting the message @APexam19 to number 81010.
- Please bring only the following supplies to the testing room:
- Number 2 pencils with erasers
- Dark blue or black pens for free response portions
- Approved calculator (Biology, Calculus, Chemistry, Physics and Statistics)
- Ruler or Straightedge (Physics)
- Homeschool students:
- Please contact the Advanced Academics Specialist at your zoned campus for details concerning AP testing on or before November 15, 2018 to ensure AP exams are ordered. Please keep in mind that you will have to register for AP exams in Total Registration by November 15, 2018 and payment may be made through Total Registration by March 3, 2019.