Verona Area High School's AP Policy
Thank you for registering for your AP exam(s) at Verona Area High School.
Please be aware of the AP exam policies and rules set forth by Verona Area High School and the College Board:
- No students will be allowed admittance to exam rooms once exam has started. Please plan on arriving at the testing location at least 20 minutes before the start of your exams.
- During scheduled or unscheduled breaks during exams, students are not allowed to consult textbooks, notes, or ask questions to teachers or other students. Students will not be allowed to access electronic or communication devices during breaks. Please leave your electronic devices at home or locked in your car. All electronic devices brought into testing facilities will be required to be powered off and surrendered to the exam proctor to be stored in a safe location.
- Food and drink are not allowed at student testing tables. This includes bottled water. There will be designated areas in each testing room where students can leave a snack and water. Students will not be allowed to access bookbags during breaks to get snacks/water.
- All hats worn to the testing location will be examined before the test starts.
WHAT TO BRING TO THE EXAM ROOM:
- No. 2 pencils (no mechanical ) for multiple-choice answer sheet
- Pens with black or dark blue ink for completing areas on the exam booklet covers and for free-response questions in most exams
- Government-issued or school-issued photo I.D.
- Calculators - If you are allowed to use a calculator on your AP Exam, review the College Board’s calculator policies to make sure you bring an acceptable calculator for your particular exam.
WHAT NOT TO BRING TO THE EXAM ROOM:
- Electronic equipment or communication devices, like cell phones, smartphones, tablets or anything else that can access the internet
- Cameras or other photographic equipment
- Watches that beep or have an alarm or any type of smart watch
- No food or drink in the exam room, including bottled water
You can view the College Board’s complete policy at https://apstudent.collegeboard.org/takingtheexam/exam-policies
For any questions on College Board's testing policy, please contact Ms. Linda Gard, AP Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 608-653-1320