Downers Grove South High School's AP Policy
Click here to access the DGS AP webpage. The AP testing schedule is listed near the bottom of the page.
You need to bring the following items to the exam room:
- Several sharpened No. 2 pencils (with erasers) for completing multiple-choice answer sheets.
- Pens with black or dark blue ink for completing areas on the exam booklet covers and for free-response questions in most exams.
- A watch (in case your exam room does not have a clock that you can see easily - it cannot be a smart watch or any other watch that has a built in alarm that might go off during the exam).
- Up to two calculators with the necessary capabilities if you are taking an AP Biology, Calculus, Chemistry, Physics, or Statistics Exam. (Visit www.collegeboard.com/ap/calculators to learn more about the calculator policy for each of these exams, and for a list of authorized calculators.)
- A government-issued or school-issued photo ID.
Do not bring the following to the exam room:
- Electronic equipment: (CELL PHONE, smartphone, smartwatch, tablet computer, etc.), portable listening or recording devices (MP3 player, iPod, etc.), cameras or other photographic equipment, devices that can access the Internet, and any other electronic or communication devices.
- Unapproved aids: Books, compasses, mechanical pencils, correction fluid, dictionaries, highlighters, notes or colored pencils.*
- Reference guides, keyboard maps, or other typing instructions.
- Watches that beep or have an alarm, or smartwatches.
- Clothing with subject-related information.
You are REQUIRED to arrive no later than 30 minutes prior to your exam: 7:30 a.m. for the morning administration and 11:30 a.m. for the afternoon administration. Students may not be dismissed until an exam has officially ended; do not ask to leave early if you finish before the end of the exam. If you play a sport or have a job, it is your responsibility to inform your coach or employer of your AP Exam obligation, and arrangements should be made accordingly.
Get a good night’s rest before your exam, and eat a nutritious breakfast. You are allowed to bring a snack and beverage for your 10-minute break. However, food and drink are prohibited in the exam room.