Please visit review the College Board AP Bulleting for Students and Parents found here: https://secure-media.collegeboard.org/digitalServices/pdf/ap/2015-16-ap-bulletin-students-parents.pdf.
In addition, below is important information about the Advanced Placement Exams for Cedarcrest High School Students. Should you have any questions, please contact Michelle Fleming, AP Coordinator at email@example.com. :
LOCATION for AP Exams: RIVERVIEW DISTRICT OFFICE (called the “Educational Service Center” or “ESC”): All exams will be held here. The office is in downtown Duvall, located between Stephens and Stella on 1st Avenue NE, one block east of Main Street. The address is: 15510 - 1st Ave. NE, Duvall, WA 98019.
STUDENTS MUST PROVIDE THEIR OWN TRANSPORTATION TO THE DISTRICT OFFICE and carpool to and from the District Office and CHS. Work out your rides and carpools now! For the afternoon exams of Physics and Statistics, make sure you leave CHS in time to eat your lunch and be at the District office by the arrival time.
PARKING AT THE DISTRICT OFFICE: DO NOT PARK in the 20 spaces directly in front of the main entrance because that’s where the district office employees park. Drive through and park in the adjacent large side lot or in the lot between the library and district office.
SCHOOL ATTENDANCE BEFORE OR AFTER EXAMS: You are expected to attend classes when not taking exams. All students must check in at the attendance office upon returning to CHS after morning exams. Exam completion times are approximate. Per College Board policy, no student will be dismissed from exams until the full exam time is completed. Do not ask to leave early. Make arrangements with work and sports.
The College Board dictates that YOU SHOULD BRING the following items to the exam room:
- Several sharpened No. 2 pencils with erasers for completing multiple-choice answer sheets
- Pens with black or dark blue ink for completing areas on the exam booklet covers and for free-response questions in most exams
- A watch (that doesn’t beep or access the internet) in case you cannot see the room clock from your seat.
- Up to two calculators if you are taking the AP Calculus, Statistics, or Physics Exam. (Visit www.collegeboard.com/ap/calculators to learn more about the calculator policy and for a list of authorized calculators. The AP Calculus calculator policy also applies to the Statistics and Physics exams).
- A snack and beverage for your ten-minute break
- A sweatshirt or sweater in case the room temperature fluctuates.
The College Board PROHIBITS the following in the exam room:
- Books, compasses, mechanical pencils, colored pencils, correction fluid, dictionaries, highlighters, or notes
- Reference guides, keyboard maps, or other typing instructions
- Watches that beep or access the internet
- Portable listening or recording devices (even with headphones) or photographic equipment
- Clothing with subject-related information
- All photography
- All electronic devices, except specific calculators noted above, including cell phones, digital cameras, personal digital assistants, smart phones, smart watches, Bluetooth-enabled devices, MP3 players, e-mail/messaging devices, or any other electronic or communication devices. As CHS does during state testing, you will show the proctor that your phone is turned off; your phone will then remain in the proctor’s box for the entire exam period. You cannot touch it until the exam is over.
- College Board Banned Electronics Penalty: If a student uses a cell phone or posts to any form of social media, the student’s score will be cancelled, no retest will be permitted, and the student may be permanently barred from AP testing.
You are required to abide by the policies of both the College Board and Cedarcrest High School during the exam period. Any misconduct will be reported and could jeopardize your AP Exam score.