Westminster High School AP Policies
Westminster High School adheres to all the policies established by the College Board. Please refer the 2016-17 AP Student Bulletin for a thorough understanding of these important policies. In addition, read below for important site policies.
Before Exam Day
· Complete the registration process online and submit payment.
· Take AP practice exams.
· Meet with your AP Coordinator, Casey Harelson, to discuss any accommodations prior to February 17th.
· Meet with your AP Coordinator, Casey Harelson, to notify him of any conflicting exams and to schedule a late test.
· AP Studio Art students should begin working with their instructors regarding submission procedures.
· Check that your calculator is appropriate for use on the AP Biology, Calculus, Chemistry, Physics, or Statistics exams (visit www.collegeboard.org/ap/calculators for list of approved graphing calculators).
· Exams will take place in the cafeteria, library, or computer labs. You will receive an email prior to your exam to confirm the testing location.
· You must report to your testing location no later than 7:45am for an 8am exam or 11:45am for a 12pm exam.
· Come prepared with the following materials:
o Several sharpened No. 2 pencils and erasers (used on the multiple choice answer sheet).
o Black or dark blue ink pens (used on exam booklets and free response questions).
o A watch that does not beep or have an alarm.
o Approved calculators if applicable.
o A ruler or straightedge for AP Physics.
· The following items are absolutely NOT permitted in the exam room:
o Electronic equipment (cell phone, smartphone, laptop, tablet computer, etc.), portable listening or recording devices (MP3 player, iPod, etc.), cameras or other photographic equipment, devices that can access the internet, and any other electronic or communication devices.
o Books, compasses, protractors, mechanical pencils, correction fluid, dictionaries, highlighters, notes, or colored pencils.
o Scratch paper; notes can be made on portions of the exam booklets.
o Watches that beep or have alarms.
o Reference guides, keyboard maps, or other typing instructions.
o Clothing with subject-related material.
o Food or drink.
After Exam Day
· Visit www.apscore.org for information regarding your scores.
If a student fails to follow the above stated policies the student will be dismissed, the score will be canceled, and no retest will be permitted. If a student fails to show up on the day of the exam, no refunds will be distributed.
Thank you for your participation in the Westminster High School AP Program!