Newport High School's
Advanced Placement Exam Registration
AP Exam Information 2017-2018
All students in Advanced Placement (AP) classes have the opportunity to take an AP Exam for each AP class in which they are enrolled. Although the expectation is that all students enrolled in an AP course will take the exam, those AP students not taking their scheduled AP exam in May for a legitimate reason will attend their regularly scheduled classes.
- Online Registration: January 16th – February 16th (Online Exam registration will begin on Tue, Jan 16, 2018 at 12:00 AM and end on Fri, Feb 16, 2018 at 11:59 PM).
- Scholarship deadline: February 16th
- Exam price: $94 per exam with the exception of Capstone Research $142
- Payment deadline: March 1st
We know that parents may desire to register their students for exams. We strongly recommend that parents and students are both present while registering to ensure that the correct exams are ordered.
Students must answer all of the questions in order to complete the exam registration. Please answer all questions fully and accurately, as this information will be pre-printed on your AP answer sheet form and will not be editable after it is printed. A confirmation page at the end indicates that the exam registration process has been successfully completed.
Payment & Financial Assistance Information
- Once registration is complete there are two options to pay:
- Students paying at school will need to print a copy of the confirmation page and return it with payment attached to the Accountant. Payments for exams can be made with a credit card (Visa/MC/Discover), debit card or check. Please make checks payable to NHS. Payment plans are available - see Ms. Pierson for more information.
- Students paying online (BSD) payment option - link available once you reach the confirmation page at the end of registration
- Inability to pay should not stop a student from taking an exam. Exam fees are waived for students that qualify for Free & Reduced Lunch*. This application is completed through Nutrition Services. The fee waiver is included in the application (section 4, check "yes"). Please indicate this on your online registration. Once verified, students will receive an email that their registration is confirmed, payment recorded and test ordered.
- Financial Assistance (scholarship) is available to students who demonstrate financial need. Please indicate this on your online registration, Students pick up a scholarship form in the main office and return the completed form to the main office no later than February 16th. After approved for the lower exam fees, student will be notified by email and payment will be uploaded to the student account.
All payments must be received by March 1st or your exams will not be ordered!